Wednesday

Is Facebook a FAD?

  *sigh*  One does not realize how much they really enjoy Facebook until they cannot access Facebook for over 2 hours... 

Seriously, I hop on a few times a day to browse status messages, check for wall posts and all that fun Facebook stuff.  Well today I've not been able to access Facebook for about two and a half hours and you know what?  It's driving me CRAZY!

While on the topic of Facebook, I keep meeting people who refuse to get a Facebook account.  They say it's a 'fad' and will go away so they don't want to invest the time.

Let me ask this... If Facebook were a FAD would it...
  • ...be promoted on nearly every single TV show and commercial?  ("like" us on Facebook!)
  • ...be printed on nearly ever single print media? (magazines, newspapers, coupons...)
  • ...would all of your service vendors promote a Facebook icon on their websites? (gas/electric/water/etc..)
  • ...would your dentist's office have a Facebook logo on their business card?
  • ...would you tell people you meet "look me up on Facebook!" ?
What about restaurants, car dealers, grocery stores?  Nearly EVERYWHERE you go you will see a Facebook logo (and ofter twitter too)  "like" us and "follow" us ~ we all know what that means now, it's part of our language now!

I don't think Facebook is going to do anything but GROW!  Personally I find it a great way to see what the gals from High School are up to these days, what companies I enjoy shopping with are offering, how people are marketing and of course to meet ~ mingle and network with other like minded individuals!

So I guess one good thing about Facebook being 'down' or whatever it is that's making me not be able to access the site is that I finally did another blog post.  LOL

Alethea Anderson
The "is what it is blog" (for the moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment