Once you've done your research and have found your passion, the next step is to find a company. There are many to choose from; some have been around 1 year and some have been around over 30 years. How do you know which one is for you?
Contrast and Compare
Myself being in the industry since 2004, I often 'shop' other companies in the direct sales/home party/mlm industries. I want to be on the up and up when someone approaches me with a question about the competition.
These are the questions I ask...
- How much is it to join?
- Is there a monthly minimum purchase requirement?
- What is the distributor discount when purchasing product?
- Do I get this discount up front, or is it paid later as a commission?
- Does the company provide a distributor website?
- Is there a cost for this website?
- Does the website have a web store?
- If yes: How much commission will I earn from the web store?
- Will purchases from the web store count towards my monthly purchase requirement?
- What are the cost of materials such as catalogs, fundraiser forms, etc?
- How frequently are these forms updated?
- What kind of training is provided by the company? (reading materials, calls, etc...)
- How much do I earn for building a team?
- What percentage do I earn from my downline?
- Am I paid on the full retail or a commissionable volume?
- How many levels deep can I be paid?
- As my team grows, does my monthly personal volume requirement increase?
- Can I ever 'lose' my team?
- Can I ever slip back to a lower level or lose my position if my team size or volume decreases?
- Say I work this business for 10 years and want to stop working it, will I still receive a residual income check from the team I've built?
- Can I bequeath my distributorship (residual income) to a family member? (meaning can you transfer to a family member if you pass away and can they continue to get the income from the business you worked so hard to build)
- How many ways can I earn money with the company?
- Am I required to utilize all these ways?
- How are we allowed to market the company and opportunity?
- Are there any ad restrictions? (i.e. web marketing rules, print ad rules, etc...)
Take your notes, apply the facts and do the math! Today I spoke with yet another company and asked all the questions above, did the math and found I am making far more money with my current company than if I were with the other.
Choosing a Sponsor
Be sure to choose a sponsor aka team leader who will be there for you, more on this tomorrow!
To find out more...
...about the company I'm with, contact me!