Friday

Home Business : Which company do I choose?

Home Business : Which company do I choose?

Once you've done your research and have found your passion, the next step is to find a company. There are many to choose from; some have been around 1 year and some have been around over 30 years. How do you know which one is for you?

Contrast and Compare

Myself being in the industry since 2004, I often 'shop' other companies in the direct sales/home party/mlm industries. I want to be on the up and up when someone approaches me with a question about the competition.

These are the questions I ask...

Joining Questions
  • How much is it to join?
  • Is there a monthly minimum purchase requirement?
  • What is the distributor discount when purchasing product?
  • Do I get this discount up front, or is it paid later as a commission?
Website Questions
  • Does the company provide a distributor website?
  • Is there a cost for this website?
  • Does the website have a web store?
  • If yes: How much commission will I earn from the web store?
  • Will purchases from the web store count towards my monthly purchase requirement?
Materials
  • What are the cost of materials such as catalogs, fundraiser forms, etc?
  • How frequently are these forms updated?
Company Training
  • What kind of training is provided by the company? (reading materials, calls, etc...)
Team Building
  • How much do I earn for building a team?
  • What percentage do I earn from my downline?
  • Am I paid on the full retail or a commissionable volume?
  • How many levels deep can I be paid?
  • As my team grows, does my monthly personal volume requirement increase?
  • Can I ever 'lose' my team?
  • Can I ever slip back to a lower level or lose my position if my team size or volume decreases?
General
  • Say I work this business for 10 years and want to stop working it, will I still receive a residual income check from the team I've built?
  • Can I bequeath my distributorship (residual income) to a family member? (meaning can you transfer to a family member if you pass away and can they continue to get the income from the business you worked so hard to build)
How to earn
  • How many ways can I earn money with the company?
  • Am I required to utilize all these ways?
Marketing
  • How are we allowed to market the company and opportunity?
  • Are there any ad restrictions? (i.e. web marketing rules, print ad rules, etc...)
A general rule of thumb...
Take your notes, apply the facts and do the math! Today I spoke with yet another company and asked all the questions above, did the math and found I am making far more money with my current company than if I were with the other.

Choosing a Sponsor
Be sure to choose a sponsor aka team leader who will be there for you, more on this tomorrow!

To find out more...
...about the company I'm with, contact me!

Alethea Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment