Thursday

Candle Quotes | Quotes about Candles

Candle Quotes | Quotes about Candles

As a candle nut I simply adore the ambiance created by the soft glow of candles.  The shadows dancing in magical shapes on the wall as they flicker and sway in the gentle movement of the air in the room.  The scent wafting through the air can transport you to another time, another place, allowing you dive into pleasant memories of times past and also assiting you in creating new moments in time...

 Below please enjoy some candle quotes I've compiled in one spot for your reading pleasure...

“You don't have to blow out my candle to make yours grow brighter.” ~ unknown

“Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends, tell me where to get more wax.” ~ unknown

"Never burn your fingers to snuff another's candle” ~ unknown

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~ Buddha

“There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle” ~ Robert Alden

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” ~Edith Wharton

“Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” ~ Chinese Proverb

“Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

“A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.” ~ unknown

“Nirvana is not the blowing out of the candle. It is the extinguishing of the flame because day is come.” ~Rabindranth Tagore

“The best way to see divine light is to put out thy own candle” ~ Thomas Fuller

“Man loves company even if it is only that of a small burning candle” ~George Christoph Lichtenberg

“I love thee to the level of everyday's most quiet need,by sun and candle light...I love thee with the breath,smiles,tears,of all my life.” ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good dead in a naughty world." ~ William Shakespeare


Alethea Anderson
Creating Quotable Moments