Tuesday

Determination turned to Action = Results

This blog post is relating a recent scenario to the MLM industry.  How you can be determined, turn that determination into action and then harvest the fruits of your labors and see the results.

Last Friday we had some SERIOUS winds, tumbleweeds flying by at warp speed, trees snapping, fences breaking. 

We lost a gate, had to reinforce some fence sections and I have several thousand dollars damage to my SUV from it being sand blasted during the storm.

The day after the storm... On Saturday this precious girl in the picture above came wandering by, we live close to a major highway and just could not let her keep heading the direction she was going, so we stashed her in our back yard to keep her safe.

We knew she had a home as she was clean, well fed, nails trimmed and well trained.  Now I had choices.

I could sit and let the owner come knocking on doors or I could go out there and let the owner know I had his dog.

So I printed 40 flyers off and headed out in the neighborhood.  I taped them to every mail box unit AND knocked on every door that had a fence blown down.  Now I could have let those houses with broken fences find the signs, but I went a step further and approached people by knocking on their doors.

I even went down to the corner market and hung a sign, slid a sign under the door at the Sherrif office and went and hung the rest of the flyers in my neigboring community.

Was I done?  I could have been!  I made an effort right?  BUT was the dog at home sweet home?  NO!  There was more I could do.

I came home, posted on craigslist, then posted the link from craigslist on facebook, myspace and twitter.  Again, I could have been done, but was I?  NO!

I posted a picture and info on the Washoe County Animal Services website.  Then I looked for Storey County, they did not have a website where I could post, and they were closed.  So I left a message on their phone AND emailed them with a picture and the details of where we found the dog.

Was I done?  NO!  I sat and thought if one of my beloved dogs was out, where would I be looking?  How would I be searching.  I thought of one more Animal Shelter in Lyon County, same, no website, but I called and left a message and emailed a picture too.

Sunday morning, 8 o'clock we get a call from a relieved dog owner.  She had called Lyon County and described the lost dog, they then recognized the dog by the picture I had emailed and they gave her my contact information.  A connection was made and an hour later the dog was home sweet home.

Now, had I not taken all the efforts above, this dog may still be sitting on the old couch in the garage!

Now do you see how you can take DETERMINATION and turn it into ACTION and get RESULTS?   How about applying this principle to your home business.  There is always ONE MORE step you can take, ONE MORE thing you can do, ONE MORE process you can put into ACTION.

As Nike says "Just DO it!"

Alethea Anderson
Determined Action Taker seeing RESULTS!