Thursday

"Yes Man" Are you a 'YES' wo/man or a 'NO' wo/man...

Last night hubby came home with the movie 'Yes Man'. I've been wanting to see this movie as I am a HUGE Jim Carrey fan.



I find most Jim Carrey movies to be hilarious, I remember him from the days of "Fire Marshall Bill" on the TV Show "In Living Color". The man is brilliant!



Rumor has it that Jim Carrey believes in living in the 'NOW', and according to this video, I believe this to be true. I've also heard that in his early career he wrote himself a check, some say 10, some say 20 million. According to this 'legend' this dream came true for him.



A similar story as that of the author of 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' who wrote himself a check and tacked it to his ceiling above his bed so it was the first thing he saw and his first thought of each day (as outlined in the movie The Secret)



Now back to my point, as I got a little side tracked. This movie moved me. Yes I laughed, but I cried. This movie connected with me on a deeper level, and I challenge anyone to say it would not do the same for them.



The basic outline of the movie without spoiling it for those who have not enjoyed it, Carl (played by Jim Carrey) was in a dark place in his life. He shut everyone out, said no to every request, and felt unsuccessful, stuck in a rut, abandoned and alone.



Until one day he runs into an old friend, who was full of life and excitement. This friend showed Carl a brochure that stated in big, bold, red letters "YES!" It was not until later when he hit a rock bottom low that he reached for the brochure, now on his coffee table, and read it.



He then attended the conference that changed his life. This conference awakened something within. Simply by saying 'YES' he allowed so many good things into his life. Formerly dark, dreary and alone; all of a sudden things were aligning at the precise moments and everything just 'worked out'.

Now I wonder, how many of you out there say 'no' when...
  • someone asks you to go to lunch...
  • when a friend wants you to spend a day shopping...
  • when your child's school needs volunteers for a field trip...
Do you always come up with an EXCUSE?
  • I'm busy...
  • I'm too tired...
  • I don't have the money...
  • I have to clean my house...
It' is important to remember, often when people ask you something, it is a door of opportunity opening. Each time you say 'no' you are closing the door and will be left only to wonder what might have happened if you had said 'YES!' instead of no...

In the MLM industry, I hear all kinds of excuses as to why people are unable to be successful.
  • I can't...
  • I have no time.
  • I have no money
  • I have no support.
  • I don't know how to...
These are all NO-s. Because those who are successful say YES. When they approach a wall, they find a way to climb it. When they hit a ceiling, they shatter it. When they have no time, they find it. When they have no money, they make it. When they have no support, they ask for it. When the don't know how, they learn it.
So I ask you, are you a YES wo/man or a NO wo/man? What steps are YOU willing to take to make your dreams become reality?

Alethea Anderson
Twitter me and find me on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment