Friday

Do you Learn from YOUR Guardians of Be-ing?

Guardians of Being

Today I went to Borders, I {heart} Borders... Something about being surrounded by books just makes me smile!   I am a big fan of self-development books having to do with thought, believing in yourself, and properly directing the energies of the Universe via thought + action = creation = manifestation.

Yes, I am one of those who buys books and keeps them, I feel they are an investment and keep them housed proudly within my home office.  While my collection may be petite as compared to some, the value within the pages is priceless!

Today I was not sure what I was looking for, often I wander into Borders with a desire, and let my eyes guide me to where I need to be.  So I stumbled across "Guardians of Being".  I featured this book awhile ago on one of my websites, as I'm an Eckhart Tolle fan.  I have read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment" and also his book "A New Earth", both very positive and thought provoking books about be-ing in the NOW.

So I picked up Guardians of Being and read through the 110 page book right there on the spot, a brief book, few words per page, but VERY deep and very thought provoking.  The entire book is about how we can learn now-ness from our animals and by simply observing nature.  All of nature lives in the NOW.  They do not dwell on the THEN nor do they WORRY about what is not yet (the future).

Illustrated by Pacrick McDonnell, the artwork captured Eckhart's message beautifully and eloquently... each page is met with a smile or a tear, or both!  The simplicity of watching your pet can bring you into the now, you drift away from the chatter in your brain while sharing a moment with your animal.  When you think about it, how true it is!  When our dog greets us and we kneel down to shower this devoted beast with our affection, it is all about that moment.  It is not until we snap out of now-ness that the chatter fills our brains once again.

Such a valuable lesson on how our pets can teach us to be NOW.  I recommend this book to anyone and everyone, even if you just browse the pages over a cup of java at Borders!

Alethea Anderson
I have 2 Guardians of Be-ing, Bodhi and Astrid, they are my Boxers!