Sunday

I Survived the Mall During the Holidays

So I thought I'd venture to the mall today, my logic was this - it will likely be busy, but not as busy as it will be next weekend...

When I got there it was not too bad, lot about half full, walking room, able to move in the stores... However two hours later one could not maneuver through a store...

Attempting to walk through the mall was a feat in itself, seriously WHY do people stop in the middle of 'traffic' to have a conversation?   Or suddenly bend over to tie a shoe?  Or squat to feed their kiddo in a stroller... Speaking of kiddos, the LINE to see Santa - OMG, no thank you.  Brave, brave parents I must say...

It seriously felt like THIS!
It got to the point that it was not joyous, like herds of cattle, struggling to get through a small gate.

Stores so crowded you could not even move if you had bags in your hands.  At this point I decided to vacate the premise.  I was amazed that the entire parking lot was full, people circling in cars, like vultures, stalking people walking in hopes of landing a parking spot...

All in perfect timing, I had my fun and I was getting loaded down and quite a work out carrying all those bags!  

I actually headed to a CVS and Rite Aid afterwards for wrapping paper, bows and the like - so nice, no crowds!

With all of this I'm not quite done yet, eek!

Alethea Anderson
MultiMediaMom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment